Taking ideas from sketchbook to final drawings
…Sketchbook work very strong…keep the same approach if working larger
Purpose of Drawing
..explore more academically around the purpose of Drawing
…there is still some way to go in terms of material exploration
- try to act exactly the same when it comes to the final work. Be experimental enquiring and ambitious at the same time
Critical analysis of my own work and the work of others
…develop a more established voice when it comes to unpacking my own drawings
- keep going and remember to really unpack it in written form as you move through.. Underpin this with wider reading. You could expand your narrative through literature, philosophy and experience.
- write more around this from a personal perspective ….what worked. what didn’t, what you enjoyed and so on…
- please continue to research and analyse further the visual impact of your own ongoing artists research against your own work with more frequency
- don’t be afraid to annotate more critically around this as you move through each page.
The Activity of Drawing
- hint at context
- consider the form through a series of lines and measurements in the first instance
- don’t forget to step back and decide when you think there is enough information.
- devise strategies for success
- try if you can to work more on tone and volume to allow for a more in depth enquiry overall.
- …you are starting to ask yourself some important questions around identity
These 5 points seems to sum up the comments from my tutor’s report most succinctly.
In the time between submitting my assignment 4 I have been thinking about what I am most interested in and following the receipt of the report I put some notes together which I sent to my tutor. The basis of which was a telephone conversation regarding my focus for Part 5 – Personal Assignment.